So much to do so little time. Sure it’ll be a little chilly and rainy, but that shouldn’t stop you from partaking in one of these many events. Make sure you get out and have some fun.
- RED 10 is the big event this weekend. A group of Africans will be walking for a cause and so should you. If you can’t make it to the walk there are plenty other of options. Saturday night through Sunday afternoon. For more info click here.
- The West African Collaborative will also be doing some HIV/AIDS awareness on Sat May 16th. You can watch a skit written and performed by Africans on HIV/AIDS at Brookdale Covenant Church from 3:00 – 5:00pm .
- Art-a-whirl 2009 is upon us – from Friday May 15th through Sunday May 17th. Make sure you catch a glimpse of ‘Gallery AfriQ by Omosh and Rabi’s Studio by Yarbi. For more details click here.
- REAL (Resources for the Enrichment of African Lives) will be having their annual silent auction and dinner fundraiser May 16th at Augsburg college. Event runs from 5:30 to 9:00pm.
- Cameroonian group Menchum cultural association (MENCAMIN) in Minnesota will be having a fund raising party on Saturday, May 16th 2009 at Mermaid Event Centre with DJ Moki. Doors open at 8:30pm and cost is$ 15.00
- The Patriarch of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church will be in Minnesota accompanied by numerous other bishops, priests and theologians to consecrate the new St. Ourael Church. Event goes from May 14th through the 17th.