Please pass this on any African teenagers you may know ….
*Youth Power is a peer education program for African youth (those born in Africa or 1st generation American-born) in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Participants must be between ages 13-17 by the start of the program on 02-12-2009.
* When you sign up, you’ll get 30 hours of training. We teach you all about reproductive health and how to talk about important issues with your friends and family. You’ll have the skills and knowledge to teach others in your community about responsible decision making, preventing teen pregnancy, and other related issues.
*The program begins Thursday, February 12th, 2009 and ends late May, 2009. It is a once a week after-school program, with a few weeks off to accommodate school breaks.
*Parental (or legal guardian) permission is required to participate in this program.
*Steps to register are:
(1) Email: education[at]ppmns[dot]org, call: (612) 821-6127, OR SEND US A FACEBOOK MESSAGE! Tell us your name, your date of birth, your phone number, your address and email, and how you heard about Youth Power. We will send you an application, so let us know if you want us to mail, fax, or email the application.
(2) WE MUST RECEIVE YOUR APPLICATION BY MONDAY, FEBRUARY 2nd, 2009 at 12pm and no later please. You can email, fax, mail, or drop off the application to:
Planned Parenthood E&O Dept.
1200 Lagoon Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55408
(3) We will contact you and your parents (or legal guardians) if you have been accepted into the program.
(4) If you are accepted, you will receive a letter in the mail and a phone call. You will also need to attend the Youth Power Orientation on Thursday, February 12th, 2009 from 4:45pm to 6pm.