Monday is Martin Luther King Day, and Tuesday is President-elect Obama’s inauguration! One key aspect of Obama’s ascent to presidency has been his engagement in the grassroots movement. It is with this in mind, that we have compiled a list of events across the Twin Cities.
Monday, January 19 Events
- The Beloved Community
Join the folks at The Cultural Wellness Center (8am to 10am) for food, music and discussion on MLK.
- Give Us Wings–Volunteer on MLK day! (10am to 4pm)
Give Us Wings rebuilds villages and restores hope in Kenya and Uganda. Give Us Wings works together with adults and children to eradicate poverty in these communities. Through person-to-person support, both financial and educational, people overcome poverty and become self-sufficient.
- Education: American Dream or Public Crisis?
Governor’s Commission on Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration.
Ganglehof Center- Concordia University: 9:30am – 1:00pm
Contact: 6516420811, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Martin Luther King Jr. Diversity Job Fair
9am to 3pm at the Mlps Convention Center
Meet face-to-face with national employers recruiting for exciting career openings ranging from entry-level to senior management positions in Sales & Marketing, Management, Engineering, Finance & Accounting, Security Clearance, Retail, Information Technology, Software, Government, Education, Health Care, Media, Broadcasting, Restaurant, Entertainment, and many more.
- Find out about the vendors who will be there. Don’t forget your resume!
Tuesday, January 20th, 2009
- Mshale Inauguration Dinner at Casablanca
Read details here.
- Inauguration Celebration: We are One Nation
Party at Epic.
- Inauguration Celebration featuring A Night in the Box and M.ANIFEST
- Obama Rama @ Nomad World Pub
- Victoria Pour’s Inauguration Party. Call for 763 560 9912 details.
- Commander-in Chief of all parties: Kazi Ianze (Jan 24th)
Blue Nile Restaurant: 9pm