Alright some of you have tonight’s schedule set, but judging from the number of calls I have received asking “Where the party at?” I will assume that most of you are still undecided about where you’ll be when next year starts. How about ushering in the New Year to some ‘Coupe Decale’, ‘Ndombolo’, ‘Mapouka’, ‘Genge’, ‘Soca’, ‘Reggae’, ‘Soukous’, ‘Zouk’, ‘Mutwashi’, ‘Kwaito’, ‘Afro Pop’ … well you get my drift. Here’s a list of the African New Year’s Eve parties in MN, which thankfully aren’t as expensive as the ones in the major clubs downtown.
- Josiah Rasugu will be having a NYE-Resolution party at Uptown’s La Bodega Tapas Bar. Sound Of Fujun,Tec Djs and Dj Rhavi will be playing the best of old school Hip-hop,Urban African,Lingala,Chutney,Hip-Hop,Dancehall,Soca and Reggae.
- Triny Cee and Ambassador One will be having a NYE Black and White Affair at the Cedar-Riverside’s Red Sea featuring Soundclash champions Ambassador One and Trinifex Sounds playing dancehall and hip-hop. There’ll be Jamaican Food, a Champagne Toast and a Cash Giveaway.
- Kilimanjaro Entertainment will be having a New Year’s Eve countdown at the Blue Nile with complimentary champagne, party favors and of course, the countdown. African, Reggae, Genge, Bongo, Hip-hop and Old school music in full supply. Dj’s Dan, KV & Dennis (Deno).
- Diamond Don Sound will have a party at Visage and an exclusive after party thereafter. Djs Hustla, Sound Of Fujun and Diamond Don will be playing music all night long.
- For those who would like to start the year in prayer, Mzizi International Church will be having a ‘Kesha’ (all night of prayer) at Pastor Munala’s residence at 3015 92nd Ave NE, Blaine. It starts at 9pm and goes until 5am. Come toast and usher in the new year in a night of fellowship, prayer praise and interactive games.
- The Lebialem people of Cameroonian will be having a end of year party at the Mermaid nightclub in Moundsview from 8pm to 2am.
- Klub Afrika in Brooklyn Park will be having NYE ‘Live Your Life’ Party that will go until 4am.
- The Oromo Community will be having a huge NYE party at the Minneapolis Convention Center featuring Africans artists, Mohammed Sheka and his band, Mude from Atlanta and local musician Kamal Ibrahim. Doors open at 8pm.