Happy Halloween MinneAfricans!
Another weekend’s here and voting is just around the corner! What will you be doing dressing up in costumes? On the campaign trail? Looking for other options? Here are some suggestions;
- Josiah Rasugu will be having a Halloween party today at uptown’s La Bodega Tapas Bar, Sound of Fujun, Dj Choches and Dj Dan will be playing the best of Reggae, Urban African and Hip Hop.
- Tomorrow, Kilimanjaro Entertainmentw will host it’s monthly ‘Wakilisha’ bash at Blue Nile. This time round Dj Sisqo from Dallas will be playing the best of East African hits and upcoming artists Q-Stick also based in Dallas will perform.
- Also tomorrow, Dj Dave Kinyaiya will have a ‘Hips Don’t Lie’ halloween party at 2022 Ferry St. N, Anoka, MN . This party goes til 5:00am – after the party it’s the afterparty!
- Also on Saturday, tour the Minneapolis Institute of Art’s African Gallery from 3-4pm.
- On Sunday Mezesha Entertainment has their 2nd annual ‘Wicked’ Halloween party. If you were there last year, it was a lot of fun and there was a costume contest for the ladies. Dj Hustla who was the only guy in a costume (he was dressed as a nun) was the default winner for the guys. Come dressed up to party to the hottest reggae tunes at the Lounge.
- The MIA (Minneapolis Institute of Arts) has an ongoing exhibition that you should check out. Outside Influences: Jack Lenor Larsen and African Aesthetics features an awesome fabric collection based on the designs, colors, and aesthetics of African cultures. It runs through January 25th 2009 in Gallery 279.
- Lastly and most importantly, get involved with the campaigns – volunteer and and get your friends to volunteer. And if you can, on Tuesday get out and VOTE!