Yay! Another weekend’s here ….. looking for something to do? We are never short of ideas and hopefully this list will have something you may be interested in.
- Storyteller “Auntie Beverly” will be performing Layer(s) through Saturday, the 18th at Intermedia Arts Naked Stages I Series.
- If you are a film lover, check out the Arab Film Festival , which is going on through Sunday Oct 19th at The Historic Heights Theatre.
- Africans In Minnesota (AIM) will be having their third networking Happy Hour for African Professionals at Gameworks this Friday. The last two were a lot of fun so you want to be there.
- Hamline’s African Student Association will be having PAMOJA – African Night on Friday from 7pm. The event is free and open to all.
- Dj Dave Kinyaiya will be playing the best of R&B, Hip-Hop, Bongo Flavor, Genge, Reggae, Dance Hall, Lingala, Zouk this Friday at Babalu’s Groove Night. Lynn Owino will be celebrating her birthday and is asking that friends make a donation to Homecare Spiritual Fellowship instead of buying her a gift. A percentage of all the bar sales that night will go to the group’s work in Kenya.
- On Saturday, Join African Communities of Minnesota for Africa Day for Obama at 4:00pm at the Taj Mahal Banquet Hall, 3015 Cedar Ave, South Minneapolis, MN. Meet local Obama supporters and learn how you get involved with the campaign. Email SiadforObama@gmail.com for more information.
- On Saturday KARKELL will be hosting the 2nd Annual Minnesota Sound Clash at the Red Sea Restaurant. Come see Minnesota’s top reggae and dancehall Djs battle it out and try to unseat reigning King, Dj Ambassador .
- Kilimanjaro Entertainment will be hosting a Kenyatta Day celebration all day on Saturday. Kenya will face off with Uganda in the East African soccer match finals during the day and later on the party will extend to the Blue Nile Restaurant.
- On Saturday Frankie and Namster are bringing the Francophone tradition of ‘Soire Boucantier’ to the Eritrean Community Center. Dj Eddy will be playing the best of Coupe Decale from 10:00pm to 4:00am.
- For the diehard party people, Lilly and Gilly will be celebrating their birthday’s all day Saturday, beginning with a bbq and then a party at Uptown’s LaBodega and after the party there’ll be an after party.. For more info go here.
- Catch a tour of the fabulous African Gallery in the Minneapolis of Arts on Sunday from 3:30 – 4:30pm.
- At Africa News Journal’s, Meet the Author, Kevin Winge, Exec. Director of Open Arms MN will talk about his book . The event will take place at 1st Cup Cafe, 2740 Minnehaha ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406 from 4:00pm – 6:00pm.
- If you still have the energy, head out the Lounge’s Escapade on Sunday night and Dj Hustla will play you some good reggae and dancehall.
Let us know if you have an event coming up and most of all…. Enjoy your weekend!