There’s a lot to do this weekend, so if you have nothing planned and are looking for a place to be, look through the list below!
- The Ugandan American Association will once again host this year’s Uganda’s Independence Day. The event which will include performances, a fashion show and a cash bar (that’s entertainment right?), will be at the Higher Ground Academy in St. Paul. (If you have tots, daycare will be provided) Contact 651-334-4806; 651-208-8307; 763-300-5645
- Nigerians are also celebrating their Independence Day this weekend. I am trying to find out where the day activities will be. Later that night, there will be a Green and White party in the Rosewood Room at Visage night club. And its 18 plus
- Check out Mshale’s calendar, sometimes people upload their events in the last minute.
- Erica M. from MetBlogs has a list of Things To Do: a cabaret, a play, Art Crawl, and lots more. Check it out!
- The Twin Cities Daily Planet has a list of artsy events in town.
- I will be checking out the book festival at MCTC. Its free, although every time I go I spend a little on books 😉 and discover a new author.
- The U of MN’s African Student Association ASA Fall Party today at 10.00pm to 1.00am on the ground floor of the Coffmann Memorial Union.
- Josiah Rasugu has a dancehall party dubbed, “Sex in Da City pt3” at La Bodega this Saturday.
- The Lounge will have reggae and dancehall tunes courtesy of Dj Hustla this Sunday – and every other Sunday 🙂
- If you can, try and catch the Talib Kweli and Lil’ Brother Concert tonight at First Ave.
There you go, something for everyone. Don’t say I didn’t tell you! Send us an email if you would like your event featured. email@example.com